Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Halfway to a Year

  Wow, I could say where has the time gone but I know exactly where its gone.  In and out of carseat.  Naptime.  Holding.  Rocking.  Bathing. Pooping.  Cleaning. Laundry. Lots of Laundry.  Feeding.  Oh yeah, and lots of Loving.
 

JJ who I like to call "my buddy" at 6 months has really let his personality shine.  He is a a happy baby unless you take something out of his hands like the remote.  He will let out some grunts followed by a cry that stops as soon as the remote is placed back in his hand.  Loves to smile and laugh - except for when I try to take a picture. His smile will last about .002 seconds in front of the camera. Lots of "raspberries" and squealing. And he is very ticklish. Oh, and we call him Mr. Sweaty Feet because his feet are really sweaty!!  Eva calls him stinky feet and they do kind of smell sometimes which makes me really nervous how bad they are going to smell when he's 16!  Good thing I splurged and bought odor barrier in his carpet pad.

"tickle tickle"
JJ's favorite things at 6 months:
squash (dislike apple/pear)
Sophie the giraffe (chew toy)
Eva
Remote
crinkly noises
bath time
laughing
being outside especially in ergo carrier
"not big on smiling for the camera"

   We are sleeping better except sometimes after his 3am bottle he thinks its time to party.  Must take after his Dad. Baahahaha.
  He has 2 nice chompers (I forget the technical term for which teeth they are).  Since breaking through the gum (doesn't that sound pleasant), the drooling has stopped and the late evening fussiness.  Hopefully, we get a little break before the top teeth come through.

 





  JJ can sit unassisted for a few seconds with the help of his hands but then topples over.  He has really out grown his infant bathtub but not ready for the big tub with Eva.  What is a 6 month old to do?
           I love my buddy so much!  Truly is a joy and I hate when I cannot be with him because that's all I think about (thankfully, I'm usually with him 24/7).  Hoping these next 6 months slow down. Ha!
                   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment