Monday, February 4, 2013

Boys Need Pretty Burp Cloths Too

   'Tis the season of boys or so it seems.  I was thrilled when 3 of my buddies (Andrea, Katie, Laura) told me they were expecting in March (partly because my bday is in March).  I did my usual 50/50 guess and to my surprise all are going to be boys. Did you know that in 2010 the global sex ratio was 986 females per 1,000 males and trended to reduce to 984 in 2011 (expedia). Who knew? I have to say, I'm very much in love with my little boy so I'm very happy for them. 
   My new obsession is monogramming/sewing fabric on burp cloths which makes great baby gifts. They are super fast to make and fun because it calls for lots of fun fabrics.  Now, to some people I'm sure the idea of decorating a burp cloth seems impractical.  That's probably because it is.  Its a decorated piece of cloth that gets puked on.  But in the days of sleepless motherhood when you fell disorganized and crazy, you can pull out that beautiful burp cloth and it somehow makes the puke seem better and you seem somehow more organized as a mother. Oh, and its freakin cute because your baby's name is on it!  




 

             
       

3 comments:

  1. Love them! Do you monogram shirts for people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not yet - I don't feel like I would have time with JJ. But I hope to set up my own company with a Facebook page sometime in the future :)

      Delete