Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tree Killer!

So, this morning after Jay left for work, I heard something that sounded like a combination of a huge chain saw and a train. I look out to the railroad and sure enough, it was a chain saw and train combined! This thing sailed across the track, shredding anything in its path. Like a blender on steroids, it left tree limbs looking similar to a three old that just learned to cut a piece of paper - just bad.
I have to say - my inner nature lover became a little angry. It wasn't like these tree limbs were being "cleaned up", they were being massacred to the point that the tree may not survive from the trauma. Now, I understand that these trees are city property but after looking at them day after day, I feel as though they are ours.
I'm not sure what made me to analyze so much at 8:00a.m. (maybe it was the jolt of my morning coffee) ,but I begin to think that maybe my concern for these trees may be cancelled by my participation in going to the zoo yesterday and entering the new western exhibit which involved the destruction of several acres of trees in overton park.
However, I had no idea that this "train tree shredder" existed!?! I'm sure this method is 2 x as fast as putting a man in a bucket truck equipped with a chainsaw but this thing just seemed cruel and barbaric - not to mention dangerous... what if a chunk of wood went flying through our window? Oh well, maybe I should quit drinking so much coffee...

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!!

    I envy you sitting on your new porch listening to the rain on the tin roof.

    Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete