Monday, April 5, 2010

A time for Firsts

Today was an exciting day - we went to the zoo for the first time! We went with some moms from our first time mom group. It was of course more for the moms than for the children since babies tend to not care about looking at zoo animals, but Eva seemed to have a good time. I was amazed with how much the zoo has changed since I was last there. We watched polar bears swimming under water and went to the "western" exhibit. I can still remember when the big cats were behind steel bars and you could throw them "food".

We also celebrated Eva's first Easter by spending the afternoon at Jay's grandmother's house. She probably spent a total of 2 minutes on the floor before someone scooped her up and paraded around with her. :) She had a great time and never even cried despite skipping her nap - she is appearing to be a very social baby. It was nice to see everyone, especially the teenagers since they always are a foot taller and some are now as tall as me. I remember when I first met Jay's family and there were all these kids running around - how the time flies by - this is going to be my most used phrase throughout life.

Also is a first is there is a boy born in our family! Miles Jacob Kesler was born on March 29th, 2010 and weighed 8# 22 inches! He is a long baby. My sister Sarah and her wife Liz are doing well and happy to be done with an extremely long and difficult labor. We will be flying up to see the on May 6th so I can see him and Eva will get to meet her cousin!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous of you and your zoo mamas! What a fun day! Josh and I are now zoo members, so anytime you want to tour the zoo, call me, and we can all go for free! I love the zoo!

    ReplyDelete