Tuesday, May 11, 2010

1st Mother's Day

This weekend was my first mother's day! We celebrated Mother's day by having my mom, Jay's mom, and Shannon (and of course Trent,Tyler,Maddux,and Olivia) over for a little BBQ get together. Wow, our family is getting big! It was actually a nice and kind of cool day so we sat out on our patio with our new umbrella and newly landscaped backyard. :)

We ate central BBQ, potato salad, and three bean salad topped off with pies from Fresh Market - Delicious! Jay arrived from New Orleans with gifts and flowers in hand - what a wonderful husband.

Mother's Day really had a new meaning to me this year. Until you are put in these shoes - you have no idea how much time and love goes into this full time job. I appreciate everything that my mother has done for me - she really is a wonderful and loving mom. I gave my mom a necklace with a pea pod in which there was a white and pink pea (white for milo and pink for Eva). I gave Jay's mom a pea pod with 2 pinks and 1 white. I love etsy.com

Maddux loves opening and closing doors so he was fascinated with the screen door. I love being around my nephew because I know what Eva will be into in a few months! Cousin Olivia is cute as can be - she is smiling now!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute Mother's Day gift for the grandmothers!

    ReplyDelete